1950'S TO 1970'S BECOMING A CO-OPERATING PARISH
Strong local support saw churches of different denominations built all
over the Plains as the area became more populated. Churches were seen
as the focal point of each small community. Weddings, baptisms and
funerals were held in each local church. Weekly church services were
always well attended.
In 1956, the Methodist and Presbyterian churches combined to form the Union Parish. One minister covered both congregations.
Many of the small community churches were proving expensive to maintain. Over the years, these churches were sold. Some remained on their sites and became private residences. Others were transported away to serve purposes elsewhere.
ln 1976 the Union and Anglican congregations combined to form the Hauraki Plains Co-operating Parish. Buildings from each of the three contributing parishes were combined to form a new complex in Darlington Street. St. Pauls Anglican church was joined with the Methodist Schultz Hall to form the new Church. A smaller St. Andrews Presbyterian Hall was added at the rear. The existing Methodist Church in Koihere Road was transported to Mystery Creek to join other historical buildings